Directory of Charities and Nonprofit Organizations
GuideStar is the most complete source of information about U.S. charities and other nonprofit organizations there is. Search our database
of more than 1.8 million IRS-recognized organizations to find a charity to support, benchmark your own nonprofit's performance, research
the sector, and more.
Browse by Category
- All Categories >
- Human Services
Human service nonprofits are the organizations that most people think of when they hear the word nonprofit. They feed the hungry, assist crime victims and offenders, provide job training, house the homeless, help people prepare for and recover from disasters, maintain playgrounds and athletic fields, act as advocates for children, and offer programs to help youth mature into adults who contribute to society.
- Agriculture, Food, and Nutrition (10,811)
- Crime and Legal Related (18,848)
- Employment and Occupations (15,353)
- General Human Services (131,330)
- Housing (35,920)
- Public Safety, Disaster Preparedness, and Relief (18,637)
- Recreation and Sports (86,140)
- Youth Development (36,900)