Basic Organization Information
- Physical Address:
Mountain View, CA
- Web URL:
- NTEE Category:
U Science and Technology Research Institutes
U41 Computer Science
- Ruling Year:
The mission of the Mozilla Foundation is to improve and protect the Internet as a public commons, by working with thousands of volunteers to (1) keep the Internet a universal platform and (2) promote continued innovation on the Internet.
Science & Technology
- Population Served:
The Mozilla Foundation oversees the Mozilla project, a worldwide open
source development project comprising thousands of contributors, almost
all of them volunteers. The Mozilla Foundation, through its
wholly-owned subsidiary the Mozilla Corporation, creates and
distributes the award-winning free and open source web browser Firefox,
used by tens of millions of people worldwide.
The Mozilla community produces a lot of great software and acts as an incubator for innovative ideas as a way to advance our mission of building a better Internet.
Program Long-Term Success:
Program Short-Term Success:
Program Success Monitored by:
Program Success Examples:
Contractor data is available for this organization!
Independent Contractor information for 2011, 2009, 2008, 2007 is available for this organization with a subscription to GuideStar Premium Pro.
GuideStar Premium Pro also includes:
- Comprehensive financial data, including functional expense detail, for every digitized fiscal year in GuideStar's database
- Ability to download up to 55 fields of data for up to 1,000 organizations at a time and up to five years worth of Income Statement
and Balance Sheet data for individual organizations
- Comprehensive advanced search capabilities, including criteria for functional expenses, investible assets, investment income
and audit & 990T filing requirements
- Ability to save organizations and searches for quick reference
- People search with salary range data
- Access to all available Forms 990
Impact Summary from the Nonprofit
This organization has not provided an impact summary.