Basic Organization Information
COPD FOUNDATION INC
- Physical Address:
- Web URL:
- Blog URL:
- NTEE Category:
G Disease, Disorders, Medical Disciplines
H Medical Research
E Health—General & Rehabilitative
E01 Alliance/Advocacy Organizations
- Ruling Year:
The mission of the COPD Foundation is to develop and support programs which improve the quality of life through research, education, early diagnosis, and enhanced therapy for persons whose lives are impacted by Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
Forms 990 Provided by the Nonprofit
Audited Financial Statement is not available for this organization.
Mobile Spirometry Unit
- Population Served:
The MSU is a mobile testing program that provides essential screenings and tests for lung health. The MSU provides lung function testing equipment, Respiratory therapist coordination, and educational materials. The goal of the MSU program is to make lung health screening and education as prevalent as blood pressure or cholesterol testing.
Program Long-Term Success:
Since its inception in 2007, the Mobile Spirometry Unit program has tested over 40,000 individuals.
Program Short-Term Success:
Immediate outcomes of this program are that individuals identified as at risk will take this information to their physicians. Additionally, visitors to a MSU installation will benefit from the educational materials displayed by the MSU which serve various audiences, to include healthcare practitioners, patients, and caregivers.
Program Success Monitored by:
Program success is measured by number of individuals tested, the amount of educational materials disseminated at events, and the amount of shows attended.
Program Success Examples:
The MSU has tested over 40,000 individuals in all 50 states.
Contractor data is available for this organization!
Independent Contractor information for 2012, 2011, 2008, 2007 is available for this organization with a subscription to GuideStar Premium Pro.
GuideStar Premium Pro also includes:
- Comprehensive financial data, including functional expense detail, for every digitized fiscal year in GuideStar's database
- Ability to download up to 55 fields of data for up to 1,000 organizations at a time and up to five years worth of Income Statement
and Balance Sheet data for individual organizations
- Comprehensive advanced search capabilities, including criteria for functional expenses, investible assets, investment income
and audit & 990T filing requirements
- Ability to save organizations and searches for quick reference
- People search with salary range data
- Access to all available Forms 990
Impact Summary from the Nonprofit
The COPD Foundation to make significant progress in the past year. Here are some highlights:
The COPD Foundation assumed control in early 2012 of the DRIVE4COPD campaign, the largest national public health campaign for COPD. The campaign will be expanded to include programs that will assist individuals in getting properly diagnosed with COPD, create employer COPD tool kits, and provide educational materials, in addition to screening individuals for COPD. The campaign to date has screened over 1.3 million at risk individuals. DRIVE4COPD is the official health initiative of NASCAR.
· The COPD Foundation’s public policy program, OP435, succeeded in advocating for the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to include COPD questions on their annual Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS). The BRFSS is an on-going telephone health survey system conducted by the CDC which collects health conditions and risk factor behavior in each state. Survey answers will provide the Foundation, government agencies, patient advocacy groups, and professional societies with valuable COPD data that can be used to better serve the COPD community.
· The COPD Foundation’s Bronchiectasis Research Registry announced enrollment of its 1,206th patient. The Registry is a consolidated database of non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis patients enrolled at a consortium of clinical institutions designed to support clinical trials for treatment and to provide better insight into the diagnosis of the different types of bronchiectasis as well as the pathophysiology of the disorder.
· The COPD Foundation’s C.O.the Foundation’s website www.copdfoundation.org offers users the opportunity to chat “live” with an Associate from the C.O.P.D. Information Line during normal operating hours (currently 9am to 9pm EST). The Information Line continues to enhance our ability to expand our service to the COPD community.