Basic Organization Information
American Association of Zoological Parks & Aquariums Inc
- Also Known As:
Association of Zoos and Aquariums; AZA
- Physical Address:
Silver Spring, MD
- Web URL:
- NTEE Category:
D Animal related
D30 (Wildlife Preservation/Protection)
- Ruling Year:
AZA accredited zoos and aquariums are places where people connect with animals. We are therefore dedicated to excellence in animal care and welfare, conservation, education, and research that collectively inspire respect for animals and nature. Our professional association's mission is to:
1- Provide members with the best possible services.
2- Establish and maintaing excellent professional standards in all AZA institutions through the Accreditation Program.
3- Establish and promote high standards of animal care and welfare.
4- Promote and facilitate collaborative conservation programs.
5- Advocate effective governmental policies for our members.
6- Strengthen and promote conservation education programs for our public and professional development for our members.
7- Raise awareness of the collective impact of our members and their programs.
Forms 990 Provided by the Nonprofit
Letter of Determination is not available for this organization.
- Population Served:
Program Long-Term Success:
Program Short-Term Success:
Program Success Monitored by:
Program Success Examples:
Contractor data is available for this organization!
Independent Contractor information for 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008 is available for this organization with a subscription to GuideStar Premium Pro.
GuideStar Premium Pro also includes:
- Comprehensive financial data, including functional expense detail, for every digitized fiscal year in GuideStar's database
- Ability to download up to 55 fields of data for up to 1,000 organizations at a time and up to five years worth of Income Statement
and Balance Sheet data for individual organizations
- Comprehensive advanced search capabilities, including criteria for functional expenses, investible assets, investment income
and audit & 990T filing requirements
- Ability to save organizations and searches for quick reference
- People search with salary range data
- Access to all available Forms 990
Impact Summary from the Nonprofit
This organization has not provided an impact summary.