Basic Organization Information
ALLIANCE FOR OPEN SOCIETY INTERNATIONAL INC
- Also Known As:
OPEN SOCIETY INSTITUTE - BALTIMORE
- Physical Address:
New York, NY
- Ruling Year:
AOSI’s purposes include promoting the value of open, democratic societies, both domestically and internationally; and coordinating, administrating, and advising national and regional programs in Central Asia and elsewhere on a range of issues, including public health, education and, more generally, development of civil society. AOSI also educates the public about issues concerning societies’ attempts to transform from totalitarian or authoritarian rule to democratic market economies. AOSI works with the U.S. government on a variety of charitable projects and is active within the United States to address the specific challenges facing urban communities and centers within the United States. AOSI makes and receives grants to support and cooperates with other charitable organizations for the foregoing purposes.
Forms 990 Provided by the Nonprofit
Audited Financial Statement is not available for this organization.
Mr. Christopher E Stone
Chris Stone serves as Chair and President, Maija Arbolino serves as Member and Treasurer, and A. Nicole Campbell serves as Member and Secretary of AOSI.
Board of Directors
Highest Paid Employees & Their Compensation
Highest Paid Employee data is not available for this organization.
Contractor data is available for this organization!
Independent Contractor information for 2007 is available for this organization with a subscription to GuideStar Premium Pro.
GuideStar Premium Pro also includes:
- Comprehensive financial data, including functional expense detail, for every digitized fiscal year in GuideStar's database
- Ability to download up to 55 fields of data for up to 1,000 organizations at a time and up to five years worth of Income Statement
and Balance Sheet data for individual organizations
- Comprehensive advanced search capabilities, including criteria for functional expenses, investible assets, investment income
and audit & 990T filing requirements
- Ability to save organizations and searches for quick reference
- People search with salary range data
- Access to all available Forms 990
Impact Summary from the Nonprofit
The Alliance for Open Society International Inc (AOSI) awarded more than $6 million in 2012 to several nonprofit organizations, both in the United States and abroad, as well as to individuals for fellowships and scholarships, to further its charitable purposes.