Basic Organization Information
- Physical Address:
Los Angeles, CA
- Web URL:
- NTEE Category:
B Educational Institutions
B99 Education N.E.C.
B Educational Institutions
B80 Student Services and Organizations
- Ruling Year:
Established in 1977, the purpose of the Fulfillment Fund is to help traditionally underserved youth pursue the dream of college.
Forms 990 Provided by the Nonprofit
Letter of Determination is not available for this organization.
Kenny Rogers assumed the role of the Fulfillment Fund’s Chief Executive Officer on July 1, 2012.
Prior to the Fulfillment Fund, Rogers served from 2005-2011 as the Executive Director of the California Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports, a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to promoting physical activity and fitness for all Californians, especially children and youth.
As an Echoing Green Fellow in the mid-1990s, Rogers founded the Boyle Heights College Institute in Los Angeles, the North Central College Institute in San Mateo, and the Barrio Logan College Institute in San Diego. These three organizations have helped hundreds of children from low-income communities become the first in their family to attend college. The Barrio Logan College Institute continues to thrive today and is regarded as a beacon of educational opportunity by residents of Barrio Logan and the larger San Diego community.
Rogers has also served as Vice President of Programs for the Marin Education Fund (now 10,000 Degrees) and as Interim Executive Director of Project GRAD Los Angeles, both highly regarded college access programs.
A Los Angeles native, Rogers is a graduate of Princeton University and received his master's degree in public policy from the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.
Officers for Fiscal Year (IRS Form 990)
Highest Paid Employees & Their Compensation (IRS Form 990)
Fulfillment Fund Key Services
- Population Served:
Children and Youth (infants - 19 years.)
Young Adults (20-25 years) -- currently not in use
As a college access organization, we provide promising but often overlooked students with the support necessary to graduate from high school and go on to college. Our services include: High School Program, One-on-One College Counseling, Guidance, and College Tours, Mentoring, and Scholarships.
Program Long-Term Success:
* In the 2010-11 school year, 91% of Fulfillment Fund students graduated from high school which is up to twice the rate of their peers, and of those, 93% enrolled in college.
* Our impact expands beyond our students; they, in turn, influence siblings, peers and their community by becoming role models.
Program Short-Term Success:
Program Success Monitored by:
Program Success Examples:
Contractor data is available for this organization!
Independent Contractor information for 2009, 2008 is available for this organization with a subscription to GuideStar Premium Pro.
GuideStar Premium Pro also includes:
- Comprehensive financial data, including functional expense detail, for every digitized fiscal year in GuideStar's database
- Ability to download up to 55 fields of data for up to 1,000 organizations at a time and up to five years worth of Income Statement
and Balance Sheet data for individual organizations
- Comprehensive advanced search capabilities, including criteria for functional expenses, investible assets, investment income
and audit & 990T filing requirements
- Ability to save organizations and searches for quick reference
- People search with salary range data
- Access to all available Forms 990
Impact Summary from the Nonprofit
In Los Angeles, the average high school graduation rate is less than 50%. Our students defy this statistic by graduating from high school and going on to college. Most are the first generation in their family to reach this milestone.
Through classroom instruction, college counseling, mentoring and scholarships, we increase high school graduation and college access rates and provide our students with life-changing support.