Money for Good II (MFGII) shows that, although just a third of individual donations are researched today, more donors could be influenced to research if they had better information in more transparent and clear formats. The research shows that it is possible to influence about 5 percent of donations each year, which can lead to a shift in $15 billion in charitable donations.
The Money for Good II project was made possible through the generous support of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, and Liquidnet.
More Resources for Nonprofits
More Resources for Foundations
More Resources for Donors
Money for Good II in the News
- Brady Josephson, "Millennials or Not, Your Website is Central to Success," re: charity, Nov. 22, 2012.
- Greg Ulrich and Dvorit Mausner, “More Money for More Good Guest Blog,” Achieve, Nov. 13, 2012.
- Rick Cohen, “Study: What Do Donors, Foundations Want to Know about Nonprofits?” Nonprofit Quarterly, Nov. 09, 2012.
- Greg Ulrich, “But… Do Donors Want More Data on Nonprofits?” Markets for Good, Nov. 08, 2012..
- News Release, September 25, 2012: New Guidebook, More Money for More Good, Gives Nonprofits Three Steps to Understand Donors and Fundraise More Effectively
- Bob Ottenhoff and Greg Ulrich, "How We Can Get More Money to Deserving Charities," Chronicle of Philanthropy, Dec. 19, 2011.
- impactsp2, "GuideStar/Hope Consulting: Money for Good II," Center for High Impact Philanthropy, Dec. 16, 2011.
- Greg Ulrich, "Donors Want More Information on Impact," Bridgespan, Dec. 15, 2011.
- Kivi Leroux Miller, "The Info Donors Want from You," Kivi's Nonprofit Communications Blog, Dec. 12, 2011.
- Eleanor Goldberg, "Increase Charitable Contributions By Giving Donors More Information, Study Says," Huffington Post, Dec. 8, 2011.
- Beth Kanter, "Money for Good Study: Sharing Information About Your Org's Results Can Attract More Donors," Beth's Blog, Dec. 5, 2011.
- Katya Andresen, "How to Appeal to All Six Types of Donors," Katya's Nonprofit Marketing Blog, Dec. 4, 2011.
- Katya Andresen, "New Research: How to Reach Your Donor's Heads Along with Their Hearts," Katya's Nonprofit Marketing Blog, Dec. 1, 2011.
- Caroline Preston, "A Potential $15 Billion Windfall for Effective Nonprofits," Chronicle of Philanthropy, Nov. 30, 2011.
- Lucy Bernholz, "Money for Good II," Philanthropy 2173, Nov. 30, 2011.
- Bob Ottenhoff, "Encouraging Charitable Giving That Has Impact," Bob Ottenhoff's Blog, Nov. 29, 2011.