Mission and Programs
Maritime Radio Historical Society
The mission of the Maritime Radio Historical Society is to preserve the history, culture, craft, and lore of maritime radio.
Towards this mission, the Maritime Radio Historical Society will do the following:
• Operate Coastal Marine Station KSM, using historic RCA / KPH equipment and sites in cooperation with the Point Reyes National Seashore, National Park Service.
• Assist the Point Reyes National Seashore in the interpretation of historical artifacts.
• Consult with and advise the Point Reyes National Seashore in the preservation of cultural resources and historical artifacts.
• Provide technical support and operational support to operate radio rooms on historic ships.
• Provide technical support and operational support to operate the radio room at the San Francisco Maritime Museum
• Inform and educate the public with weekly Open House at the RCA / KPH Receiving Station on Sir Francis Drake Boulevard in Point Reyes.
• Schedule Special Events to promote maritime radio as appropriate.
• Host tours of the Bolinas transmitter facility and Point Reyes Receiving Station as scheduled.
• Present information about the history of maritime radio and historic station KPH to groups as scheduled.
• Accept and preserve historical artifacts as found.
• Encourage and support other Maritime Class 1A Public Correspondence Stations.
|Program:||MRHS Preservation Program|
|Population Served: ||Male Adults|
The MRHS engages in a program of documentation, restoration and preservation of the artifacts of maritime Morse communications. Our emphasis is the companies, ships and stations of the US but our interests are global. Through the restoration program we endeavor to preserve the skills, traditions and culture of maritime communications through actual use.
Chief Executive Profile
Co-founder, MRHS. Broadcast engineer.
Mr. Richard Dillman, President
GuideStar is the registered trademark and operating name of GuideStar USA,
Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Any other use, including resale of
the information or use for commercial gain, is prohibited, except in
accordance with a GuideStar licensing agreement.