Our goal is to keep all families together when they experience homelessness, help them quickly move into housing, and ensure they have the resources for lasting independence. Our organization leads Delaware in effectiveness and efficiency; more specific goals are as follows:
- Length of time homeless: Our goal is to help families move into housing in 45 days or less.
- Families served: Our goal is to serve approximately 460 families (1,380 individuals) annually.
- Rate to permanent housing: Our goal is to help at least 80% families move directly into permanent housing.
- Housing retention: Our goal is that at least 80% of our families maintain permanent housing after 1 year.
- Cost per household: Our goal is to spend $4,500 or less per family.
- Our innovative programs lead the state in effectiveness and efficiency. Several have become models for the state and have been replicated statewide. These programs provide needed temporary shelter to all families while keeping them together (Hospitality Network, Hospitality Center), assist families experiencing homelessness in other shelters, motels, or settings (Pathway to Housing), prevent families from needing to enter the shelter system altogether (Pathway to Diversion), and ensure lasting sustainability (Pathway to Career, Pathway to Independence).
- Our 2,000+ volunteers provide meals, transportation, and hospitality while creating transformational relationships with our families and learning about homelessness in a new light. Volunteer efforts also make our programs cost-effective and allow us to spend financial resources directly on housing needs for families.
- Our collaborations with other community partners provide other needed resources to our families.
- Our active board of directors leverages its business, legal, and non-profit experience to successfully govern the organization.
- Our staff of eight, including four full-time case managers, bring decades of expertise in their fields and dedication to the mission of ending family homelessness.
- Our 2,000+ volunteers
We regularly monitor our progress toward our goals (as mentioned above) and publish those results each year in our annual report.
- Length of time homeless: Our goal: 45 days or less; current: 58 days on average
- Families served: Our goal: 460 families (1,380 individuals) annually*; current: 136 families (503 individuals) in 2017
- Rate to permanent housing: Our goal: 80% move directly into permanent housing; current: 83%
- Housing retention: Our goal: 80% of our families maintain permanent housing after 1 year; current: 89%
- Cost per household: Our goal: $4,500 or less per family; current: $4,680 per family
* We plan to reach this when our new Hospitality Center opens, which will more than double our capacity.