Future Goals at Habitat for Humanity of Flathead Valley: (2018 – 2020)
1. To complete 5 homes per year on an annual basis by 2021.
2. To raise and restrict $500,000 towards the purchase of property for future building needs - "banking" lots. 3 lots in 2018/2019. 4 lots in 2019/2020. 5 lots in 2020/2021. 5 lots annually thereafter.
3. To raise and restrict funds for the purchase of property or the purchase of a building for our own ReStore facility/office/training center. Running a Capital Campaign in 2019/2020 for the construction/renovation/purchase costs. 1.4 million estimated total.
4. To increase ReStore Sales to $750,000 by 2021 - for construction sustainability
5. To raise funds in support of and to test run, launch 3 new programs in 2019/2020:
• Home Preservation – Completing 2 homes.
• Critical Home Repair – Completing 2 homes.
• Aging in Place – Completing 6 homes.
Serving 10 families, up to $15,000 per family.
6. To increase our donation base (Outside of a Capital Campaign) from new donors, grantors by a minimum of 15% each year.
7. To increase our volunteer base to support the above initiatives.
8. To increase our in-kind donations in support of construction and ReStore, to support
the above initiatives.
9. To grow our Board of Directors membership by 2 new members each year, 2019
10. To advocate for our mission and permanent and/or long-term affordable housing.
The vision of Habitat for Humanity of Flathead Valley is to eliminate substandard housing in Flathead County, Montana. We work to empower hardworking, low-income families by helping them transition out of substandard housing into simple, decent, affordable homes of their own. Habitat partners with deserving, qualified families to give them a “hand up, not a handout” as we seek to break the cycle of poverty, increase opportunities for financial improvement and opportunities for success, all while creating a world where everyone has a decent place to live on terms they can afford to pay.
HFHFV serves families who are living in substandard housing conditions such as overcrowding, cost-burdened and structural deficiencies. To qualify for the program, families must have a demonstrated need for housing, earning 50-80% of the annual median income for Flathead County, demonstrate an ability to pay a 30-year low or no-interest mortgage, demonstrate a reliable credit history, demonstrate a willingness to partner with HFHFV, and must be currently living in Flathead County. Selected families are required to commit at least 500 hours of "sweat equity" towards the construction of their home and/or that of other Habitat partner families. Additionally, families are required to take financial literacy courses and a first-time home-buyer course. By mobilizing community resources in the form of volunteers, in-kind donations and discounted services, HFHFV reduces construction costs to create a model for sustainable building, selling homes at-cost to selected families.
Achieving our goals will allow us to create these results.
Funds are being raised through:
* Appeals to individuals, groups, businesses, clubs . . . our community - for support/donations.
* Maintaining and growing Habitat for Humanity Flathead Valley's Builder's Circle which is composed of a group of local donors who pledge annual gifts to support Habitat for Humanity of Flathead Valley’s Construction Projects.
* Habitat for Humanity of Flathead Valley's ReStore is a nonprofit home improvement store and donation center that sells new and gently used furniture, appliances, home accessories, building materials and more. ReStore revenues help fund the organization's operating expenses and home construction. Projected for contribution to construction for the 2018/2019 build season: $212,133.
* Capital Campaign.
* Mortgage Portfolio generates income.
Habitat for Humanity of Flathead Valley is already on it's way!
1. We have $500,000+ raised and restricted to purchase land.
2. We have $500,000+ raised and restricted for our ReStore construction/renovation.
3. We have a Board of Directors, staff, volunteer base, existing and new (growing) donors and a community that has shown their commitment to our success.
“We build partnerships and houses, but when a family is handed the key and they walk through that front door, the house becomes a home that will transform lives for generations. Every $100 donated equals one square foot of an affordable mortgage. Simply, GRATEFUL!”
– Bob Helder, HFHFV Executive Director
“When you donate to Habitat for Humanity of Flathead Valley – financial gifts, the resource of time as a volunteer at our ReStore and/or at our build site, meals for our workers, materials or trades time for construction, items to stock the ReStore – or you shop the ReStore, because we were voted the “Best Home Improvement Store in The Flathead” . . . When you talk about us, our mission, the results we create, the people we serve, the hope, the transformed lives . . . Awesome things happen! Because of YOU!”
– Bob Helder, HFHFV Executive Director