Katy Lions Foundation
We Serve Katy
Katy Lions Foundation
as of March 2023
as of March 13, 2023
The people, governance practices, and partners that make the organization tick.
President & Communications Director
Rev. Lion David Greene
Rev. Lion David joined the Katy Lions Club in 2020 and has served in leadership ever since. He has a background in communications and the non-profit world, which makes serving in his current capacity a natural fit. David is currently serving as President of the Katy Lions Club after previously serving two years as Vice President and Secretary. He is also in his third year as Communications Director. For the past two years, he also served as the District IT Chairperson.
Since 2009, he has been a member of the Internet Society, which promotes an open global society. Starting his career in the non-profit world, Rev. David has served on the boards of directors for non-profits for over a decade. In 2020, he was invited to join the Katy Lions Club while in a fast-food drive-through and thought it was a great opportunity to step up his giving back. He is also an at large board member for a Belgian-based environmental non-governmental organization since 2022.
Lion Lydia joined the organization in 2020 and began her career in Lionism as part of the communications and membership teams. She has a background in the medical world, and she brings that compassion to everything she does.
There are no officers, directors or key employees recorded for this organization
There are no highest paid employees recorded for this organization.
Katy Lions FoundationBoard of directors
as of 01/19/2023
Board of directors data
Rev. Lion David Greene
Katy Lions - President & Communications Director
Term: 2022 - 2024
Sue E. Greene
Katy Lions - Treasurer & Administrator
Katy Lions - Vice President & Membership Chair
Katy Lions - Secretary & Parliamentarian
Angela S Goad
Katy Lions - Safety Diversity and Inclusivity Officer
Board leadership practices
GuideStar worked with BoardSource, the national leader in nonprofit board leadership and governance, to create this section.
Board orientation and educationDoes the board conduct a formal orientation for new board members and require all board members to sign a written agreement regarding their roles, responsibilities, and expectations? Yes
CEO oversightHas the board conducted a formal, written assessment of the chief executive within the past year ? Yes
Ethics and transparencyHave the board and senior staff reviewed the conflict-of-interest policy and completed and signed disclosure statements in the past year? Yes
Board compositionDoes the board ensure an inclusive board member recruitment process that results in diversity of thought and leadership? Yes
Board performanceHas the board conducted a formal, written self-assessment of its performance within the past three years? Yes
Who works and leads organizations that serve our diverse communities? Candid partnered with CHANGE Philanthropy on this demographic section.
The organization's leader identifies as:
The organization's co-leader identifies as:
Race & ethnicity
Equity strategiesLast updated: 02/22/2022
GuideStar partnered with Equity in the Center - an organization that works to shift mindsets, practices, and systems to increase racial equity - to create this section. Learn more
- We ask team members to identify racial disparities in their programs and / or portfolios.
- We analyze disaggregated data and root causes of race disparities that impact the organization's programs, portfolios, and the populations served.
- We employ non-traditional ways of gathering feedback on programs and trainings, which may include interviews, roundtables, and external reviews with/by community stakeholders.
- We have long-term strategic plans and measurable goals for creating a culture such that one’s race identity has no influence on how they fare within the organization.
- We use a vetting process to identify vendors and partners that share our commitment to race equity.
- We have a promotion process that anticipates and mitigates implicit and explicit biases about people of color serving in leadership positions.
- We seek individuals from various race backgrounds for board and executive director/CEO positions within our organization.
- We have community representation at the board level, either on the board itself or through a community advisory board.
- We help senior leadership understand how to be inclusive leaders with learning approaches that emphasize reflection, iteration, and adaptability.
- We engage everyone, from the board to staff levels of the organization, in race equity work and ensure that individuals understand their roles in creating culture such that one’s race identity has no influence on how they fare within the organization.