The people, governance practices, and partners that make the organization tick.
Adam is an LGBTQ+ Christian technolgist who built believr an LGBTQ+ Christian dating app. He’s managed the operations, tech infrastructure and revenue for three tech startups based in San Francisco. He’s built financial models, score cards, board decks and managed teams, financial statements and clients. He’s been the Head of Marketing for a crypto currency company and graduated Bethel University with a degree in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. In his spare time, Adam co-founded nuFoundation and is currently running believr. Adam is incredibly passionate about organizations collaborating in the Progressive Christian space.
Will is a social worker, product designer, and data nerd who works full time in the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion industry. He’s designed educational materials for companies like Disney and his work has been featured in TED talks. In his spare time, Will co-founded nuFoundation, and supports both nuFoundation’s products and believr with brand design, UI/UX design, social media, and website. Full of excitement for the launch of The Gist, Will & Adam are currently working on the first Annual LGBTQ+Christian Report highlighting key 2022 events & providing an insightful community analysis through demographics & social media impact of key organizations. Will is passionate about democratizing data and building new resources that empower communities to self-organize, and revolutionize. Particularly around the Progressive Christian space.
There are no officers, directors or key employees recorded for this organization
There are no highest paid employees recorded for this organization.
nuFoundationBoard of directors
as of 07/12/2023
Board of directors data
Term: 2022 -
Board leadership practices
GuideStar worked with BoardSource, the national leader in nonprofit board leadership and governance, to create this section.
Board orientation and educationDoes the board conduct a formal orientation for new board members and require all board members to sign a written agreement regarding their roles, responsibilities, and expectations? Yes
CEO oversightHas the board conducted a formal, written assessment of the chief executive within the past year ? Not applicable
Ethics and transparencyHave the board and senior staff reviewed the conflict-of-interest policy and completed and signed disclosure statements in the past year? Yes
Board compositionDoes the board ensure an inclusive board member recruitment process that results in diversity of thought and leadership? Yes
Board performanceHas the board conducted a formal, written self-assessment of its performance within the past three years? Not applicable
Who works and leads organizations that serve our diverse communities? Candid partnered with CHANGE Philanthropy on this demographic section.
The organization's leader identifies as:
The organization's co-leader identifies as:
Race & ethnicity
Equity strategiesLast updated: 01/31/2023
- We review compensation data across the organization (and by staff levels) to identify disparities by race.
- We ask team members to identify racial disparities in their programs and / or portfolios.
- We analyze disaggregated data and root causes of race disparities that impact the organization's programs, portfolios, and the populations served.
- We disaggregate data by demographics, including race, in every policy and program measured.
- We have long-term strategic plans and measurable goals for creating a culture such that one’s race identity has no influence on how they fare within the organization.
- We use a vetting process to identify vendors and partners that share our commitment to race equity.
- We have a promotion process that anticipates and mitigates implicit and explicit biases about people of color serving in leadership positions.
- We seek individuals from various race backgrounds for board and executive director/CEO positions within our organization.
- We have community representation at the board level, either on the board itself or through a community advisory board.
- We help senior leadership understand how to be inclusive leaders with learning approaches that emphasize reflection, iteration, and adaptability.
- We engage everyone, from the board to staff levels of the organization, in race equity work and ensure that individuals understand their roles in creating culture such that one’s race identity has no influence on how they fare within the organization.