Supporting stories that improve the human condition because you matter and you belong
Learn how to support this organization
The people, governance practices, and partners that make the organization tick.
Scilla Andreen is an award-winning Producer, Director, Author & Founder of ImpactfulFund.org. Working closely with mental health professionals, brain scientists, educators, and experts in Wellness, DEI and HR; she created the Creative Coping Toolkit (CCT): A film-based online learning platform built around the mental health film collection, Angst, LIKE, The Upstanders and RACE to Be Human. Using story the CCT is designed to normalize talking about mental health by bringing about awareness, deeper understanding and character building education through engagement tools and support services for employees, educators, students and their families. Her work has been featured in The New York Times ,Good Morning America and Today. Additionally, she’s produced and/or distributed social impact films, Nevertheless, Screenagers, Empowerment Project and Finding Kind.
Scilla works with corporations, nonprofits and thousands of schools around the world.
Number of employees
Source: IRS Form 990
Impactful FundOfficers, directors, trustees, and key employees
SOURCE: IRS Form 990
There are no highest paid employees recorded for this organization.
Impactful FundBoard of directors
as of 07/28/2023
Board of directors data
Term: 2019 - 2024
Board leadership practices
GuideStar worked with BoardSource, the national leader in nonprofit board leadership and governance, to create this section.
Board orientation and educationDoes the board conduct a formal orientation for new board members and require all board members to sign a written agreement regarding their roles, responsibilities, and expectations? Yes
CEO oversightHas the board conducted a formal, written assessment of the chief executive within the past year ? No
Ethics and transparencyHave the board and senior staff reviewed the conflict-of-interest policy and completed and signed disclosure statements in the past year? Yes
Board compositionDoes the board ensure an inclusive board member recruitment process that results in diversity of thought and leadership? Yes
Board performanceHas the board conducted a formal, written self-assessment of its performance within the past three years? No
Who works and leads organizations that serve our diverse communities? Candid partnered with CHANGE Philanthropy on this demographic section.
The organization's leader identifies as:
Race & ethnicity
Equity strategiesLast updated: 07/20/2023
- We ask team members to identify racial disparities in their programs and / or portfolios.
- We analyze disaggregated data and root causes of race disparities that impact the organization's programs, portfolios, and the populations served.
- We employ non-traditional ways of gathering feedback on programs and trainings, which may include interviews, roundtables, and external reviews with/by community stakeholders.
- We use a vetting process to identify vendors and partners that share our commitment to race equity.
- We have a promotion process that anticipates and mitigates implicit and explicit biases about people of color serving in leadership positions.
- We seek individuals from various race backgrounds for board and executive director/CEO positions within our organization.
- We have community representation at the board level, either on the board itself or through a community advisory board.
- We help senior leadership understand how to be inclusive leaders with learning approaches that emphasize reflection, iteration, and adaptability.
- We engage everyone, from the board to staff levels of the organization, in race equity work and ensure that individuals understand their roles in creating culture such that one’s race identity has no influence on how they fare within the organization.