The Lionheart Community
Brave & Determined
The Lionheart Community
The people, governance practices, and partners that make the organization tick.
President / Executive Director
I sustained a spinal cord injury in 2000 from a snowboarding accident. In the beginning of my injury, I joined a mentoring program and realized how important it is to connect with others that are experiencing similar challenges. The SCI/D community is small and it can be difficult to find support, health care options, accessible activities, and resources. I have a lot of passion around helping others so I started this non-profit to create a community of like people that can help support and lift each other. I lead an active healthy, lifestyle and encourage others to do the same. I love to travel and have new experiences. I am also an art lover and designer.
There are no officers, directors or key employees recorded for this organization
There are no highest paid employees recorded for this organization.
The Lionheart CommunityBoard of directors
as of 06/29/2023
Board of directors data
Board leadership practices
GuideStar worked with BoardSource, the national leader in nonprofit board leadership and governance, to create this section.
Board orientation and educationDoes the board conduct a formal orientation for new board members and require all board members to sign a written agreement regarding their roles, responsibilities, and expectations? Yes
CEO oversightHas the board conducted a formal, written assessment of the chief executive within the past year ? Not applicable
Ethics and transparencyHave the board and senior staff reviewed the conflict-of-interest policy and completed and signed disclosure statements in the past year? Yes
Board compositionDoes the board ensure an inclusive board member recruitment process that results in diversity of thought and leadership? Yes
Board performanceHas the board conducted a formal, written self-assessment of its performance within the past three years? Yes
Who works and leads organizations that serve our diverse communities? Candid partnered with CHANGE Philanthropy on this demographic section.
The organization's leader identifies as:
Race & ethnicity
Equity strategiesLast updated: 06/27/2023
- We analyze disaggregated data and root causes of race disparities that impact the organization's programs, portfolios, and the populations served.
- We disaggregate data to adjust programming goals to keep pace with changing needs of the communities we support.
- We use a vetting process to identify vendors and partners that share our commitment to race equity.
- We seek individuals from various race backgrounds for board and executive director/CEO positions within our organization.
- We have community representation at the board level, either on the board itself or through a community advisory board.
- We help senior leadership understand how to be inclusive leaders with learning approaches that emphasize reflection, iteration, and adaptability.
- We engage everyone, from the board to staff levels of the organization, in race equity work and ensure that individuals understand their roles in creating culture such that one’s race identity has no influence on how they fare within the organization.