Act Now Education Organization Inc
We are the resource for your resources!
Act Now Education Organization Inc
as of March 2023
as of March 13, 2023
The people, governance practices, and partners that make the organization tick.
Jai is a native New York, and enlisted in the Navy on September 11, 2002, as a Cryptologic Technician (Collection). Mr. Salters worked his way up through the ranks to Chief Petty Officer and was commissioned as a Cryptologic Warfare Officer. He has earned several degrees, including a master's in cybersecurity information assurance. He's provided educational seminars from the White House to overseas, helping over 60,000 families with educational training and resources. He is the founder of ACT NOW Education, which provides free comprehensive educational resources and opportunities to the military community and DE&I Tech.
There are no officers, directors or key employees recorded for this organization
There are no highest paid employees recorded for this organization.
Act Now Education Organization IncBoard of directors
as of 03/18/2023
Board of directors data
Bank of America
US Department of Homeland Security
Medical Technology Management Institute
Board leadership practices
GuideStar worked with BoardSource, the national leader in nonprofit board leadership and governance, to create this section.
Board orientation and educationDoes the board conduct a formal orientation for new board members and require all board members to sign a written agreement regarding their roles, responsibilities, and expectations? Yes
CEO oversightHas the board conducted a formal, written assessment of the chief executive within the past year ? Yes
Ethics and transparencyHave the board and senior staff reviewed the conflict-of-interest policy and completed and signed disclosure statements in the past year? Yes
Board compositionDoes the board ensure an inclusive board member recruitment process that results in diversity of thought and leadership? Yes
Board performanceHas the board conducted a formal, written self-assessment of its performance within the past three years? Yes
Who works and leads organizations that serve our diverse communities? Candid partnered with CHANGE Philanthropy on this demographic section.
The organization's leader identifies as:
Race & ethnicity
We do not display disability information for organizations with fewer than 15 staff.
Equity strategiesLast updated: 03/17/2023
GuideStar partnered with Equity in the Center - an organization that works to shift mindsets, practices, and systems to increase racial equity - to create this section. Learn more
- We employ non-traditional ways of gathering feedback on programs and trainings, which may include interviews, roundtables, and external reviews with/by community stakeholders.
- We have long-term strategic plans and measurable goals for creating a culture such that one’s race identity has no influence on how they fare within the organization.
- We use a vetting process to identify vendors and partners that share our commitment to race equity.
- We seek individuals from various race backgrounds for board and executive director/CEO positions within our organization.
- We have community representation at the board level, either on the board itself or through a community advisory board.
- We help senior leadership understand how to be inclusive leaders with learning approaches that emphasize reflection, iteration, and adaptability.
- We engage everyone, from the board to staff levels of the organization, in race equity work and ensure that individuals understand their roles in creating culture such that one’s race identity has no influence on how they fare within the organization.