Bloom To Life
A New Beginning
Bloom To Life
The people, governance practices, and partners that make the organization tick.
Founding Member & CEO
Founding Member & BOD
Dr Sangeetha Viswanathan is a highly qualified and trained pediatric cardiologist who has completed her specialist training in pediatrics (1999-2003) and pediatric cardiology (2003-2009) in the UK. She worked as a Consultant Paediatric Cardiologist at Birmingham Children’s Hospital, the largest cardiac surgical centre in the UK (2009-2011) managing complex patients with congenital heart disease.
Her qualifications include MBBS at Chennai (Madras) Medical College1992-1998, Membership of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (UK) 2001, Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training in Paediatric Cardiology (UK) 2009, MSc Medical Imaging (Dist.) University of Leeds (UK) 2009. She has been an outstanding student during her medical training obtaining several awards and distinctions.
She has wide-ranging clinical experience in the diagnosis and management of congenital and acquired heart disease in children and adolescents.
There are no officers, directors or key employees recorded for this organization
There are no highest paid employees recorded for this organization.
Bloom To LifeBoard of directors
as of 09/06/2023
Board of directors data
Board leadership practices
GuideStar worked with BoardSource, the national leader in nonprofit board leadership and governance, to create this section.
Board orientation and educationDoes the board conduct a formal orientation for new board members and require all board members to sign a written agreement regarding their roles, responsibilities, and expectations? Yes
CEO oversightHas the board conducted a formal, written assessment of the chief executive within the past year ? Yes
Ethics and transparencyHave the board and senior staff reviewed the conflict-of-interest policy and completed and signed disclosure statements in the past year? Yes
Board compositionDoes the board ensure an inclusive board member recruitment process that results in diversity of thought and leadership? Yes
Board performanceHas the board conducted a formal, written self-assessment of its performance within the past three years? Yes
Who works and leads organizations that serve our diverse communities? Candid partnered with CHANGE Philanthropy on this demographic section.
The organization's leader identifies as:
The organization's co-leader identifies as:
Race & ethnicity
Equity strategiesLast updated: 01/24/2023
- We review compensation data across the organization (and by staff levels) to identify disparities by race.
- We employ non-traditional ways of gathering feedback on programs and trainings, which may include interviews, roundtables, and external reviews with/by community stakeholders.
- We use a vetting process to identify vendors and partners that share our commitment to race equity.
- We seek individuals from various race backgrounds for board and executive director/CEO positions within our organization.
- We have community representation at the board level, either on the board itself or through a community advisory board.
- We help senior leadership understand how to be inclusive leaders with learning approaches that emphasize reflection, iteration, and adaptability.
- We engage everyone, from the board to staff levels of the organization, in race equity work and ensure that individuals understand their roles in creating culture such that one’s race identity has no influence on how they fare within the organization.