NEW LIFE FOOD PANTRY
NEW LIFE FOOD PANTRY
The people, governance practices, and partners that make the organization tick.
Kristen Tabert has been the Executive Director of the New Life Food Pantry since its inception. Initially the pantry operations involved Miss Tabert giving about 2-3 people a week items from a shelf in a closet. Today the pantry has expanded to two large rooms and two modified shipping containers and has 30 volunteers to serve the 80 + families that come each week. The expansion of the pantry has inspired Miss Tabert to look for options to provide more fresh foods and vegetables. Miss Tabert is the owner of two health-related businesses; AccuLaserUSA, which provides services to help people stop smoking and restore health and an online business that sells health and nutrition products www.USOrganic Living.com. In her spare time, Miss Tabert enjoys traveling, reading and counseling people on nutrition.
There are no officers, directors or key employees recorded for this organization
There are no highest paid employees recorded for this organization.
NEW LIFE FOOD PANTRYBoard of directors
as of 01/18/2024
Board of directors data
The Rev. Canon Marc Steele
Board leadership practices
GuideStar worked with BoardSource, the national leader in nonprofit board leadership and governance, to create this section.
Board orientation and educationDoes the board conduct a formal orientation for new board members and require all board members to sign a written agreement regarding their roles, responsibilities, and expectations? No
CEO oversightHas the board conducted a formal, written assessment of the chief executive within the past year ? Not applicable
Ethics and transparencyHave the board and senior staff reviewed the conflict-of-interest policy and completed and signed disclosure statements in the past year? No
Board compositionDoes the board ensure an inclusive board member recruitment process that results in diversity of thought and leadership? Yes
Board performanceHas the board conducted a formal, written self-assessment of its performance within the past three years? No
Who works and leads organizations that serve our diverse communities? Candid partnered with CHANGE Philanthropy on this demographic section.
The organization's leader identifies as:
Race & ethnicity
Equity strategiesLast updated: 01/20/2022
- We ask team members to identify racial disparities in their programs and / or portfolios.
- We disaggregate data to adjust programming goals to keep pace with changing needs of the communities we support.
- We seek individuals from various race backgrounds for board and executive director/CEO positions within our organization.
- We have community representation at the board level, either on the board itself or through a community advisory board.
- We engage everyone, from the board to staff levels of the organization, in race equity work and ensure that individuals understand their roles in creating culture such that one’s race identity has no influence on how they fare within the organization.