STEM Generation Inc
Leveling the playing field
STEM Generation Inc
The people, governance practices, and partners that make the organization tick.
Leslie is a lifelong learner and holds an M.Ed in K-9 and an M.S. in Instructional Design and Technology, which she has been able to use throughout her 10 years of teaching, including 7 years of STEM education in PreK through grade 8. In addition to teaching, Leslie was able to combine a passion for writing with her education and STEM backgrounds to develop and write STEM curricula for use in K-8 classrooms all over the world, including the UK, China, and Malaysia. She has been able to share her passion for STEM by providing professional development to teachers, administrators, and education professionals to help improve STEM awareness and provide ways in which to incoproate STEM in the classroom. Leslie firmly believes that everyone should be afforded the opportunity to engage in hands-on STEM activities, as well as learn about STEM, as more careers are becoming rooted in STEM foundations.
There are no officers, directors or key employees recorded for this organization
There are no highest paid employees recorded for this organization.
STEM Generation IncBoard of directors
as of 11/16/2023
Board of directors data
Mr Jonathan Krause
Term: 2021 - 2024
Board leadership practices
GuideStar worked with BoardSource, the national leader in nonprofit board leadership and governance, to create this section.
Board orientation and educationDoes the board conduct a formal orientation for new board members and require all board members to sign a written agreement regarding their roles, responsibilities, and expectations? Yes
CEO oversightHas the board conducted a formal, written assessment of the chief executive within the past year ? Not applicable
Ethics and transparencyHave the board and senior staff reviewed the conflict-of-interest policy and completed and signed disclosure statements in the past year? Yes
Board compositionDoes the board ensure an inclusive board member recruitment process that results in diversity of thought and leadership? Yes
Board performanceHas the board conducted a formal, written self-assessment of its performance within the past three years? Not applicable
Who works and leads organizations that serve our diverse communities? Candid partnered with CHANGE Philanthropy on this demographic section.
The organization's leader identifies as:
Race & ethnicity
Equity strategiesLast updated: 10/24/2023
- We analyze disaggregated data and root causes of race disparities that impact the organization's programs, portfolios, and the populations served.
- We disaggregate data to adjust programming goals to keep pace with changing needs of the communities we support.
- We disaggregate data by demographics, including race, in every policy and program measured.
- We have long-term strategic plans and measurable goals for creating a culture such that one’s race identity has no influence on how they fare within the organization.
- We seek individuals from various race backgrounds for board and executive director/CEO positions within our organization.
- We have community representation at the board level, either on the board itself or through a community advisory board.
- We engage everyone, from the board to staff levels of the organization, in race equity work and ensure that individuals understand their roles in creating culture such that one’s race identity has no influence on how they fare within the organization.