Advancing LGBTQ+ Social Activism and Healing
as of May 2023
The people, governance practices, and partners that make the organization tick.
Mr. John David Boswell
Working on OUR PRIDE, an LGBTQ\u002B global compassion-focused program of Los Angeles-based 501(c)3 nonprofit Rainbow Advocacy, to amplify social action and advocacy through video, music, arts, and collaborative educational programs. Producing socially conscious media and programs has been an important part of my life from starting out in public radio and broadcast television, producing media programs for a wide range of businesses and socially-oriented organizations. Some past work includes establishing the media companies NeTV Networks and Pacificom International, and for several years as a television producer for the Christian Broadcasting Network in Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan.
Rainbow AdvocacyOfficers, directors, trustees, and key employees
SOURCE: IRS Form 990
There are no highest paid employees recorded for this organization.
Rainbow AdvocacyBoard of directors
as of 05/08/2023
Board of directors data
Mr. John Boswell
Term: 2016 - 2026
Yellow Cab Company
National Teleconsultants LLC
John David Boswell
Board leadership practices
GuideStar worked with BoardSource, the national leader in nonprofit board leadership and governance, to create this section.
Board orientation and educationDoes the board conduct a formal orientation for new board members and require all board members to sign a written agreement regarding their roles, responsibilities, and expectations? No
CEO oversightHas the board conducted a formal, written assessment of the chief executive within the past year ? No
Ethics and transparencyHave the board and senior staff reviewed the conflict-of-interest policy and completed and signed disclosure statements in the past year? No
Board compositionDoes the board ensure an inclusive board member recruitment process that results in diversity of thought and leadership? Yes
Board performanceHas the board conducted a formal, written self-assessment of its performance within the past three years? No
Who works and leads organizations that serve our diverse communities? Candid partnered with CHANGE Philanthropy on this demographic section.
The organization's leader identifies as:
Race & ethnicity
Equity strategiesLast updated: 02/02/2021
GuideStar partnered with Equity in the Center - an organization that works to shift mindsets, practices, and systems to increase racial equity - to create this section. Learn more
- We ask team members to identify racial disparities in their programs and / or portfolios.
- We analyze disaggregated data and root causes of race disparities that impact the organization's programs, portfolios, and the populations served.
- We disaggregate data to adjust programming goals to keep pace with changing needs of the communities we support.
- We employ non-traditional ways of gathering feedback on programs and trainings, which may include interviews, roundtables, and external reviews with/by community stakeholders.
- We seek individuals from various race backgrounds for board and executive director/CEO positions within our organization.
- We have community representation at the board level, either on the board itself or through a community advisory board.
- We engage everyone, from the board to staff levels of the organization, in race equity work and ensure that individuals understand their roles in creating culture such that one’s race identity has no influence on how they fare within the organization.