Uniting Advocates for Foster Care
as of March 2023
as of March 13, 2023
The people, governance practices, and partners that make the organization tick.
Paul is a retired financial planner and investment advisor with the Covenant group which he founded in 1988. He has served on the board of JH Ranch, First Priority, and Kingdom Advisors. He has also served as a member of the steering committee to start the Alabama Christian Foundation, a division of the National Christian Foundation.
Mike is an entertainment producer with over 37 years experience in award winning television production. He has strong ties through philanthropic work in his community, and also serves on the boards of Owens House and Cornerstone Schools of Alabama.
There are no officers, directors or key employees recorded for this organization
There are no highest paid employees recorded for this organization.
Foster CoalitionBoard of directors
as of 03/10/2023
Board of directors data
Mike Ousley Productions
Oak Mountain Presbyterian
Retired Juvenile and Supreme Court Judge
Retired DHR Director and Hoover Mayor
Childhaven Children's Home
Select Specialty Hospital
Board leadership practices
GuideStar worked with BoardSource, the national leader in nonprofit board leadership and governance, to create this section.
Board orientation and educationDoes the board conduct a formal orientation for new board members and require all board members to sign a written agreement regarding their roles, responsibilities, and expectations? Yes
Ethics and transparencyHave the board and senior staff reviewed the conflict-of-interest policy and completed and signed disclosure statements in the past year? Yes
Board compositionDoes the board ensure an inclusive board member recruitment process that results in diversity of thought and leadership? Yes
Who works and leads organizations that serve our diverse communities? Candid partnered with CHANGE Philanthropy on this demographic section.
The organization's leader identifies as:
The organization's co-leader identifies as:
Race & ethnicity
We do not display disability information for organizations with fewer than 15 staff.
Equity strategiesLast updated: 12/27/2022
GuideStar partnered with Equity in the Center - an organization that works to shift mindsets, practices, and systems to increase racial equity - to create this section. Learn more
- We review compensation data across the organization (and by staff levels) to identify disparities by race.
- We ask team members to identify racial disparities in their programs and / or portfolios.
- We analyze disaggregated data and root causes of race disparities that impact the organization's programs, portfolios, and the populations served.
- We disaggregate data to adjust programming goals to keep pace with changing needs of the communities we support.
- We employ non-traditional ways of gathering feedback on programs and trainings, which may include interviews, roundtables, and external reviews with/by community stakeholders.
- We disaggregate data by demographics, including race, in every policy and program measured.
- We seek individuals from various race backgrounds for board and executive director/CEO positions within our organization.
- We help senior leadership understand how to be inclusive leaders with learning approaches that emphasize reflection, iteration, and adaptability.
- We measure and then disaggregate job satisfaction and retention data by race, function, level, and/or team.
- We engage everyone, from the board to staff levels of the organization, in race equity work and ensure that individuals understand their roles in creating culture such that one’s race identity has no influence on how they fare within the organization.