The Central Ohio Symphony Inc
Engaging the Community Through Music
The Central Ohio Symphony Inc
as of March 2023
as of March 13, 2023
The people, governance practices, and partners that make the organization tick.
Mr. Warren Wilson Hyer
Warren Hyer is Executive Director of the Central Ohio Symphony in Delaware.
He is a graduate of Ohio State in percussion and has performed throughout Ohio and as percussion instructor at Ohio Wesleyan.
Warren is a board member of KV 265, developing science, art and education films, the Mental Health Court Advisory Committee, and founder of the Delaware County Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Warren developed the innovative “Reconnecting” program for therapeutic drumming in mental health courts. He has presented to the Ohio Supreme Court, the League of American Orchestras, and the Percussive Arts Society.
Warren builds percussion instruments through his business, Hyer Percussion.
Number of employees
Source: IRS Form 990
The Central Ohio Symphony IncOfficers, directors, trustees, and key employees
SOURCE: IRS Form 990
There are no highest paid employees recorded for this organization.
The Central Ohio Symphony IncBoard of directors
as of 01/31/2023
Board of directors data
Mr. Don Gliebe
River Valley Schools
Term: 2018 - 2021
Retired Real Estate Agent, Private Music Teacher
Retired School Teacher and Drama Coach
Retired Magistrate Delaware County Juvenile Court, Current Prosecutor, Union County
Band Director, Madison Local Schools
Professor of Music Composition
School principal and Curriculum Director
Board leadership practices
GuideStar worked with BoardSource, the national leader in nonprofit board leadership and governance, to create this section.
Board orientation and educationDoes the board conduct a formal orientation for new board members and require all board members to sign a written agreement regarding their roles, responsibilities, and expectations? Yes
CEO oversightHas the board conducted a formal, written assessment of the chief executive within the past year ? No
Ethics and transparencyHave the board and senior staff reviewed the conflict-of-interest policy and completed and signed disclosure statements in the past year? Yes
Board compositionDoes the board ensure an inclusive board member recruitment process that results in diversity of thought and leadership? Yes
Board performanceHas the board conducted a formal, written self-assessment of its performance within the past three years? No
Who works and leads organizations that serve our diverse communities? Candid partnered with CHANGE Philanthropy on this demographic section.
The organization's leader identifies as:
Race & ethnicity
We do not display disability information for organizations with fewer than 15 staff.
Equity strategiesLast updated: 02/11/2021
GuideStar partnered with Equity in the Center - an organization that works to shift mindsets, practices, and systems to increase racial equity - to create this section. Learn more
- We review compensation data across the organization (and by staff levels) to identify disparities by race.
- We ask team members to identify racial disparities in their programs and / or portfolios.
- We analyze disaggregated data and root causes of race disparities that impact the organization's programs, portfolios, and the populations served.
- We disaggregate data to adjust programming goals to keep pace with changing needs of the communities we support.
- We disaggregate data by demographics, including race, in every policy and program measured.
- We have long-term strategic plans and measurable goals for creating a culture such that one’s race identity has no influence on how they fare within the organization.
- We have a promotion process that anticipates and mitigates implicit and explicit biases about people of color serving in leadership positions.
- We seek individuals from various race backgrounds for board and executive director/CEO positions within our organization.
- We help senior leadership understand how to be inclusive leaders with learning approaches that emphasize reflection, iteration, and adaptability.
- We engage everyone, from the board to staff levels of the organization, in race equity work and ensure that individuals understand their roles in creating culture such that one’s race identity has no influence on how they fare within the organization.