Real Help for the Other Part of the Fight
as of March 2023
as of March 13, 2023
The people, governance practices, and partners that make the organization tick.
Mrs. Molly MacDonald
Molly MacDonald is an 18 year survivor of early stage breast cancer.
Diagnosed at a time of job transition, the diagnosis derailed her job opportunity, leaving her unemployed and unemployable while undergoing treatment.
A financially devastating divorce in 2000 left MacDonald and her five children with no alimony, sporadic child support and no ability to build a savings account. Without her income and the addition of a $1300 a month COBRA premium she experienced what is now widely known as cancer related financial toxicity.
When her quest to Get Help was met with blank stares, she became determined to give help and launched The Pink Fund with Tom in October 2006.
MacDonald holds a degree in journalism from The University of Michigan. She is a contributing writer to Breast Cancer Wellness Magazine and the American Journal of Managed Care, and sits on the Value Based Insurance Design Board, VBID out of The University of Michigan.
Number of employees
Source: IRS Form 990
Pink FundOfficers, directors, trustees, and key employees
SOURCE: IRS Form 990
There are no highest paid employees recorded for this organization.
Pink FundBoard of directors
as of 02/23/2023
Board of directors data
Ms. Fran Parsons
Federal Mogul, Retired
Ernst & Young, LLP
Federal Mogul, Retired
The NaVectis Group
Marcela Mazo Canola
Breast Medical Oncology UT Health San Antonio Mays Cancer Center
Board leadership practices
GuideStar worked with BoardSource, the national leader in nonprofit board leadership and governance, to create this section.
Board orientation and educationDoes the board conduct a formal orientation for new board members and require all board members to sign a written agreement regarding their roles, responsibilities, and expectations? Yes
CEO oversightHas the board conducted a formal, written assessment of the chief executive within the past year ? No
Ethics and transparencyHave the board and senior staff reviewed the conflict-of-interest policy and completed and signed disclosure statements in the past year? Yes
Board compositionDoes the board ensure an inclusive board member recruitment process that results in diversity of thought and leadership? Yes
Board performanceHas the board conducted a formal, written self-assessment of its performance within the past three years? No
Who works and leads organizations that serve our diverse communities? Candid partnered with CHANGE Philanthropy on this demographic section.
The organization's leader identifies as:
Race & ethnicity
Equity strategiesLast updated: 06/03/2021
GuideStar partnered with Equity in the Center - an organization that works to shift mindsets, practices, and systems to increase racial equity - to create this section. Learn more
- We review compensation data across the organization (and by staff levels) to identify disparities by race.
- We ask team members to identify racial disparities in their programs and / or portfolios.
- We analyze disaggregated data and root causes of race disparities that impact the organization's programs, portfolios, and the populations served.
- We disaggregate data to adjust programming goals to keep pace with changing needs of the communities we support.
- We have long-term strategic plans and measurable goals for creating a culture such that one’s race identity has no influence on how they fare within the organization.
- We help senior leadership understand how to be inclusive leaders with learning approaches that emphasize reflection, iteration, and adaptability.
- We measure and then disaggregate job satisfaction and retention data by race, function, level, and/or team.
- We engage everyone, from the board to staff levels of the organization, in race equity work and ensure that individuals understand their roles in creating culture such that one’s race identity has no influence on how they fare within the organization.
Professional fundraisersFiscal year ending
SOURCE: IRS Form 990 Schedule G